Play safe and well with Archery Tag!
Our archery tag is played safely with foam tipped arrows and bows.
How are Participants eliminated? Once a safe foam tipped arrow hits you!
It is a great game emphasising teamwork, friendly competition, goal & objective oriented and is interactive and engagement and lots of fun!
General Gameplay Rules:
1) When a foam tipped arrow hits a player, he is eliminated, EXCEPT WHEN:
(a) an arrow hits the player’s head and;
(b) A game rule was broken.
2) The game kicks off with a ‘safe zone’ at the centre of the field, meaning:
(a) All arrows will be placed at the centre of the playing field, within the safe zone FIRST; and
(b) No shooting is allowed within the safe zone at ANY time.
3) Each person can only hold up to 2 arrows (or as the instructor may determine) at any one time.
4) The centre line must not be crossed, i.e. players cannot cross into the opponent’s zone.
5) In 1 hit 1 kill, to bring back an eliminated teammate, there are 2 methods,
(a) Successfully knock out a target.
(b) Catching an arrow before it connects with the ground. It has to be a convincing catch.
6) Game Duration:
(a) A game may lasts around 10 to 12 minutes, with 5 vs 5 or 7 v 7 or 10 v 10 per arena, as the instructor may decide
(b) Once game objectives have been successfully achieved, the game concludes
Some examples of game formats:
Capture the flag (more body movement, engagement, moving around)
Target practice (less active: less body movement, engagement, moving around)